Hello there! After considering starting a blog for months and months, I’ve finally decided to do it. I couldn’t be more excited about it! Truth be told I’m sitting here glowing with pride, because I actually did something I’d contemplated doing. I’ve also thought about sky diving, but we’ll see…
Anyway, my name is Olivia Gilbert, but most people just call me Liv, hence the blog name. Here are some interesting facts about me:
- I have mad survival skills! I have survived life for 22 years. In all seriousness, I don’t actually have any survival skills, at least none suitable for an apocalypse (Although I do have a secret stash of nonperishable food should an apocalypse ever ensue).
- Artsy-fartsy. One could call me a crafty person. I’ve dabbled in all sorts of arts such as jewelry making, candle making, painting, drawing, sewing, crocheting, and sculpting.
- Music=life. It’s not rare to catch me singing loudly in my treehouse, the shower, or just anywhere in my house if I’m home alone. I play the banjo, guitar, ukulele, and dulcimer. My musical interests range from older bands like Fleetwood Mac, the BeeGees, Styx, and Queen, to more modern stuff like Vance Joy, The Lumineers, The Head and the Heart, Jake Bugg, and First Aid Kit.
- I am not a human. This is correct. I am not a human, but a mermaid. Okay, sometimes I’m a mermaid. When its warm I am one. I make mermaid tails that I swim in come summer. I was into mermaids before they became trendy, just so you know.
- BUNNIES. They are my absolute favorite animal, and are extremely important in my life. You’ve heard of the Crazy Cat Lady. That’s me, but with bunnies. I have a precious bun named Gizmo, without whom I’d be lost.
- I’m a nerd. And proud. I love learning, and one of my favorite activities to do in my spare time is read. My bedroom has an overstuffed bookshelf, which despite the messiness of it, makes me feel happy. I love reading, and writing. One of my dreams is to be an author. I’m also a nerd in the sense that I like video games, but books come first.
- My life isn’t all fun and games. Just like everyone else, I have a job. I work at a thrift store called Good Stuff Thrift. I work with clothing, and books, which is very befitting. The only problem (Is it really a problem?) is that I find too many things I like. I don’t have enough room for all the clothes I get, and my locker at work is pretty much a small library.
- Getting an education. I attend Bucks County Community College, and am pretty close to having an associates in Liberal Arts. Where am I going from there? Good question. Basically, I have no idea what I’m doing. Still figuring out this whole life thing, but who isn’t? If you totally understand life, tell me. PLEASE.
Well that about sums me up! I’d be happy to answer questions if anyone ever had any.